Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 25, 2013

Dung Beetles Use Milky Way

"Scientists in Sweden have found that dung beetles use the 
Milky Way to orientate themselves as they roll their balls of muck along the ground.
Moving in a straight line ensures they do not circle back to the dung-heap, where other beetles might snatch their prized lump."
Dung beetles use Milky Way to roll muck
 Well, I would imagine that Swedish scientists would be the experts on s#!t;-)
 UPDATE:
Surprise, surprise. 
IKEA is in trouble again.
"The title of this Ikea ad, "Forgetting to stay hidden"
offers a tip-off to its content—Reuters reports that 
a transgender group called it "negative and stereotypical" and "a gross violation of human rights"
IKEA is "drafting its response"."
 Let me guess what IKEA will do ... say "sorry" again;-)

Ikea: Sorry for Using Forced 

Labor to Make Furniture

Ikea Sorry for Erasing Moms in Saudi Catalog

UPDATE: 26thJan, 2013.
 
I've just watched the episode from  
It's about a monkey named PEANUTS who escapes from a military lab and prefers the name Simon, as he feels PEANUTS is a slave name, which he resents. 
PEANUTS  from "Planet of the Frohikes"

4 comments:

  1. I was going to send you that story about how IKEA got in trouble again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dung beetles. Wish I'd spotted this earlier. I have a sync for you involving scarabs that started earlier this week. Soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daz! Here's my own little scarab sync for you. I was going to incorporate this into one of my own posts... and may still do it. This must have all kicked off slightly before you did your post. It all started with https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PbIRet7u0o0
    My good pal from Argentina called Shankti posted a link to a Ray Manzarek album called The Golden Scarab. I was taken by a song on it that has a chorus starting "Scarab roll your dung ball... roll away the night..."
    I told him about the song saying "I'm not sure that scarab beetles roll dung, but... Just closing the loop here..." and I posted a link to the milky way scarab story. http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2013/01/24/dung-beetles-navigate-via-the-milky-way-an-animal-kingdom-first/
    His reply was "the scarab beetles or escarabajo pelotero ( sounds better in english no way), its the semiotic icon of the way wich a knowledge man takes the work of awareness in his hands,well used by the orient Alchemist to represent the master and the orbis philosophae.txs +King Uke for the image ,now i got to listen Massive attack mesanine & read some karl Gustav Jung!!!"
    And I left it at that. A couple of days later I started reading a graphic novel that has sat on my shelf for over a year called The Invisibles. Look at page 8... https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-yryLbYXnEOs/UQUVxS_hWII/AAAAAAAATJs/X2uyif3rbzA/s580/scarab.jpg
    And then if I don't check up on your blog and discover this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ King Uke
    I'm listening to "The Golden Scarab"
    on You Tube right now (I love it,BTW)
    and noticed that "The Golden Scarab" - goes for 6:42.
    42!?-)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Scarab

    ReplyDelete