Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 12, 2016

Foreverspin

A while back I was writing a post about the movie 'Inception' and the deaths of the members of the British band 'Viola Beach' -
Beaches, BAFTAs and Bad Dreams?
'Inception' was a movie I had never really taken the time to watch properly until this rather bizarre accident occurred around the Valentine's Day weekend this year ... along with other bizarre "Inception" like events.
In 'Inception', Nolan wanted to explore "the idea of people sharing a dream space ... that gives you the ability to access somebody's unconscious mind." 
I like this idea, because it is a very Jungian concept which to me rings true, as I believe we all do share each other's dream space ... or "Collective Unconscious" space.
My Foreverspin titanium top
In the movie the main character carries a metal top around with him and spins it to find out if he is dreaming, or "awake".

I liked the idea of focusing on a "solid" object from the real world to contemplate just what the hell "real" really is, and the idea of a spinning top (moving energy and a solid object) seemed like a perfect solid object in motion to focus this thought on.
I was surprised that these tops were actually for sale over the internet and that a Canadian firm called 'Foreverspin' made tops from all different types of metal.
So, I bought a top made out of titanium and a base to spin it on for my desktop.
When my eyes start tiring from focusing on the computer screen for too long, I take a break and spin the top and just watch it spin for a while. 
Not only does it give my eyes a rest, but it helps me to see just how awake I really am and if it's not time for me to go and have a rest.
Maybe I should have got the mirrored surface, so when it spins it would give me that "through the looking glass" feel;-)
Anyway, I think these things are top stuff, but I might just be dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment