Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 7, 2017

SeaWorld "Killer Whale" Tilikum Dies

That would be right.
I'm in the middle of writing a post about whales and killer whales featuring Tilikum in the post, which I could have finished yesterday and had up already, if I hadn't of got sidetracked by writing my Meryl Steep post -
Meryl Streep, Rabbit Holes, (King)fishers and Halcyon Days
Now I see Tilikum the star of the movie 'Blackfish', which I just watched for the first time on Netflix the other day has passed away today.
SeaWorld orca Tilikum who killed trainer dies
"Tilikum, the orca who killed a trainer at SeaWorld Orlando in 2010, has died, his owners have announced.
SeaWorld said it was "deeply saddened" by the killer whale's death, saying Tilikum had suffered serious health issues but did not give a cause of death.
He was estimated to be 36 years old and was born in waters off Iceland.
Tilikum
was featured in the documentary Blackfish, which criticised parks that keep killer whales in captivity."

Hopefully I will get that killer whale post finished and up today, if there are no more distractions.

UPDATE: January 10th, 2016
Here's that post - 
The Killers and Whales of the New South Wales Coast

No comments:

Post a Comment