Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 23, 2017

A Walk of Art and Synch in Redcliffe

Me trying to find my true north in Redcliffe

 Authors of the Impossible

The fictional appliance (ANTBV)
and the distant
OPTO
Looking across to Bee Gees Way from the OPTO
The Redcliffe "Portal" and the Bee Gees Way
I picked up a brochure on my last visit to Redcliffe titled 'Redcliffe Foreshore Public Art Trail' and decided to walk it, while I waited for the sun to go down so I could watch the Bee Gees Way light show last Saturday night.
Truth is sometimes stranger than
the fictional appliance
(ANTBV)
 
Something Strange Happened to Me on THE WAY out of a Taoist Temple
Being born on the cusp of both the Virgo/Libra star signs might explain my love for art that makes me think ... or at least I like to think it does:-)
And on Saturday I found a lot of art in Redcliffe that made me think and also synched with a lot of current themes in my life at the moment.
The Lore of Synchronicity?
And a lot of that art wasn't in any information centre brochure, although the brochure was a good point for departure.
Bianca Beetson Visual Artist
I love Bianca Beetson's story poles and while I did see them during daylight hours, I didn't get to see them lit up at night, so I pinched the above picture from Bianca's blog-site, which is worth a look.
Arthur Henry "Artie" Beetson
(22 January, 19451 December, 2011)
Being a Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks supporter I loved this portrait of Artie Beetson of Bianca's from her blog-site, as Artie was the Cronulla coach in 1992-1993.
Artie playing for the Redcliffe Dolphins #11
"Beetson became the first Indigenous Australian to captain his country in any sport and is frequently cited as the best post-war forward in Australian rugby league history
He also had an extensive coaching career, spanning the 1970s to the 1990s, coaching Australia, Queensland, Eastern SuburbsRedcliffe Dolphins and the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks."
A Walk Through Centennial Park and Then Off to the Football
Mythology = History, plus a mix of truth and lies
Looking out towards the Redcliffe jetty
and whale watching boat
History = Mythology, plus a mix of truth and lies
Looking out towards the Redcliffe jetty
and whale watching boat
I'll have to do some whale watching
this year come whale season
Makes you feel special and creeped
out all at once, doesn't it
?
The Redcliffe Public Art Trail is worth doing, but it was the accidental art around Redcliffe that spoke to me, as well.
On the subject of art and 'Main Couse' some of the food shops in Redcliffe are works of art in themselves, take 'Yabbey Road' fish & chip shop for instance, it's a work of pop art and nostalgia all rolled into one -
I am the Walrus/We All Long for Yellow Berberine?
And while it may sound like I'm "Jive Talking" in this post, everything became a work of art to me in my walk around Redcliffe last Saturday and I saw a lot that I had missed from my previous visit.
And no, I wasn't on drugs ... unless you count the one tin of Boddington beer I consumed with my Walrus burger.
Odd, I thought that Robin Gibb was nick-named "Bodding" from a young age and that the town he grew up in (Manchester) sells Boddington beer.
And there are two "Bees" pictured on the "yellow" can, as well.
Isn't a yellow submarine just a tin can, too?-)
Life in a Tin Can
No walruses were harmed in the making
of this burger, but the cod's f
#cked
Just about the whole menu at 'Yabbey Road' is Beatle themed, but I couldn't help thinking if the shop is also a sly nod to the 'Bee Gees', as well, because the 'Bee Gees' were in that stinker of a film about one of The Beatles most famous albums singing most of the songs.
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1978)
A blue peddle car on the roof above
 my
Yabbey Road dining table
I had just read a story about how Barry got in trouble as a kid living in England for stealing a peddle car and as I'm eating my burger I look up and there is a blue peddle car on the roof above me ... I wonder if this is where he stashed it?-)
But anyone who has read my blog would know that blue peddle cars strike a synchromystic cord with me -
Blue Cars Too
The thing with the 'Bee Gees' connection to Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is that The Beatles album was released in 1967, which was the same year the 'Bee Gees' had their first hit in England and 2017 is the 50th anniversary of both.
And 2017 is also the 40th anniversary of the 'Saturday Night Fever: The Original Movie Sound Track'.
And on a personal note, it also happens to be the 50th anniversary this year of a football team that I have followed for most of my life.
And on another personal note I have been thinking of buying a unit somewhere to get out of the rental game, so I have a place to call my own again and put down some roots.
Then I see this place pictured below on my walk.
#67? Move On Realty?! 
A more modern fictional appliance
(ANTBV)?
And on the subject of Yabbey/Abbey Road and Abbeys in general, if you walk across the road from the Yabbey Road fish & chip shop and head left along the beach you'll come (together?-) to a rock from a real abbey.
And if you don't mind carrying a bit of weight around Redcliffe there are other shops that offer works of art made out of sugar and dough.
There is even a Subway sandwich shop where you can design your own digestive works of art, if you are so inclined. 
And on a synchromystic level there was always some pop art, or a shop that would tie in with what I had recently read about the 
'Bee Gees' and in this case above it was both, because I had read about the 'Bee Gees' going on stage in Manchester as kids to mime a bunch of records they had brought with them, but one of them dropped and smashed the records and they were forced to sing live, so they decided to sing a cover of the Mudlarks 'Lollipop' as their first live song, because they had been practicing it at home.
Another thing I thought was funny was 'The Mudlarks' were named 'The Mudlarks', because they were a brother and sister group who had the surname Mudd and I had just read Paul Carter's last book, 'Is That Thing Diesel?' where he starts of the book saying, "my name is Mud...or it should be" (you can hear Paul say the line in the Audible sample by clicking on this link) and when I read that I thought that now there was a saying I hadn't heard since the days of my cartoon watching, then next thing I hear is about the young Gibb boys singing a Mudlark song, which is a group I had never heard of before, even though the song seemed familiar to me. 

Is That Thing Diesel?

Not only that, but the free March edition of the 'Redcliffe Guide' had the word "mud" on its front cover along with a person covered in mud doing a mud run.
And I've just realized that I wrote that Paul Carter post on March 14th this year, which was Pi Day, which synchs into my post I mentioned further above -
If Paul ever finds himself in Redcliffe on that bio-diesel bike, he'll be able to fill up his tank at the Yabbey Road fish & chip shop then sit down on a Redcliffe beach and look out towards the mouth of the Brisbane River at all of the oil refineries out there;-)
Looking out to the oil refineries 
at the mouth of the
Brisbane River
I discovered a lot about my own part of the world on my two recent trips to Redcliffe and "the home of the Bee Gees" and I highly recommend a trip out this way to check it out for yourself if you ever happen to be in Brisbane.
At least that's another thing ticked off my bucket list, now all I have to do is to do it again some other time.
It's a shame that there is only one Bee Gee left now.
It will be a sad day when Barry's spirit flies and the close of a great chapter in the music world, but the music will live on ... as we all do, I think.

UPDATE: March, 2017
The World of the Gibbs and Cribb Island

No comments:

Post a Comment