Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 10, 2013

French+The Artist

Skull Illusions by Tom French
I was reading through Hell Bound
again, the other day and came across an artist who was just called French and who drew skulls and skeletons.
So I did a Google search for "French+artist+skulls"and got the picture at the top of this blog for a guy by the name of Tom French.
He was good, but he wasn't the French out of this book.
Then I tried a video search and got a preview for a film called  
The Artist.
Now, I had heard of the film and knew it had won 'Best Picture' one year, but it was never a film that seemed to grab my interest, looking at this trailer though, now I want to give it a viewing.
Everything has it's time and place I suppose?

French

I finally tracked down the right artist and found out his full name is Richard 'French' Sayer from the above photo where he says 
" ...the venue was massive. It was actually the theatre from Inglorious Bastards".
I've got to say I didn't like  Inglorious Bastards.

Revocation/Scion

Tour Poster/Tour Shirt

He doesn't only just draw skulls, either.
http://witchcraft.bigcartel.com/
He seems to be into skateboarding and designing skateboarding gear as well.
Not really my kind of art, but it was interesting taking a look at his drawings ... loved the scorpion/fly ... and my search has led me to an interesting movie that I probably would not have been interested in if I hadn't of stumbled across the trailer by accident.
The fame ... the fall...The Artist;-)
European Skateboard Awards/Bright Trade Show Berlin

No comments:

Post a Comment