Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 19, 2015

Dr. Manhattan Dies

Greg Plitt, 37, a body double in the superhero movie Watchmen for the Dr. Manhattan character died yesterday afternoon when he was hit by a Metrolink train after witnesses saw him near the tracks with a video camera in his hand.
Greg Plitt dead: Fitness model and Hollywood actor killed by train
Oddly enough, his image is right over my head as I type this post.
I bought that action figure a few years ago, and it has been right above me for a while now.

Greg Plitt

I liked the blue Dr. Manhattan character, as it reminded me of a cross (pardon the pun) between the Christ statue in Rio and the neon blue crosses that I have written about on this blog over the years, not that I'm really into Christianity that much.
Ironically, Greg's first movie role was in The Good Shepard as a guard.

Flow

Now, whenever I look up at my Dr. Manhattan figure I'll think of Greg, who has left his physical body and is now in the spirit world.

UPDATE: 2021
I donated my Dr. Manhattan action figure to a book-exchange over a year ago, along with the Kali statue ... and the flag was given away long before that.
The eight-ball tin sign hangs in my garage now and I'm thinking of chucking it into the next box of books that go to the next second-hand bookstore, as well.
The Spurs boxing gloves ain't going anywhere soon though, as they are hanging to the right of me.
That photo above is what I look up to when I'm on my computer now.

1 comment: