Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 31, 2015

PAPER Planes Sync in the FLOW

Paper Planes, Hot Java 
I went to the cinema to see The Imitation Game
the night  before  reading Andrew West Griffin's blog post at the  
Red Dirt Report blog above, and there were movie posters around the cinema for an upcoming movie called Paper Planes
I thought this was going to be what Andrew's post was about, but when I looked up about the movie Paper Planes on the net I realized that he probably wouldn't have heard of the film because it is an Aussie film starring Sam Worthington to be released on 15/1/15 in Australia.
 Andrew starts off his post explaining how the paper plane his son was throwing landed in his Keep Calm and Carry On coffee cup.
"Keep Calm and Carry On was a motivational poster produced by the British government in 1939 in preparation for the  
Second World War
The poster was intended to raise the morale of the British public, threatened with widely predicted mass air attacks on major cities. 
Although 2.45 million copies were printed, and although the Blitz happened, the poster was hardly ever publicly displayed and was little known about until a copy was rediscovered in 2000
It has since been re-issued by a number of private companies, and has been used as the decorative theme for a range of products".
Funnily enough, the movie The Imitation Game is about
WWII Britain and breaking Germany's Enigma code.
Andrew also writes in his blog post about just having read my post on The Secret Life of Walter Mitty  about 20 minutes before the plane landing in his coffee cup and comments about all the recent planes falling from the sky, especially the latest plane that crashed into the Java sea.
Was "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty"
Released a Year Too Soon?
Another blogger, Jason Barrera, mentioned the FATE link between Andrew's children's blocks in Andrew's photo (at the top of this post) and the guy in the TV show Lost with FATE written across his fingers.
And of course, there are these numbers above in the TV show Lost which are sort of a code to crack also.
Walter Mitty turns 42 years old as he sets of on his journey in the Ben Stiller movie (the same age as Andrew West Griffin is now, by his admission in his post) and 2015 is The Year of the Goat, which I point out in my The Secret Life of Walter Mitty post, which Andrew alludes to in his post also.
Andrew also mentions shepherds in his post, which I thought was funny, because a Brisbane band named Sheppard has the above song on the soundtrack of the movie Paper Planes.
You can hear it being played in the trailer to Paper Planes
(further above).
Andrew also mentioned the children's pirate book in his post, so I told him about the old British Carry on Jack movie, since it seemed to go with his Keep Calm and Carry On coffee cup.
Then I see a news story about the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie, which is being filmed in my state Queensland, less than an hour's drive from where I live.
After mentioning the pirate movie starring Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow to Andrew I saw this news story on the news -
AirAsia flight QZ8501: Crashed plane's tail lifted to surface of Java Sea
But the treasure the searchers were looking for was still alluding them -
No black boxes found inside AirAsia tail
On the opening weekend of Paper Planes, I had to renew my cinema membership for the year, which gets me a free movie viewing of my choice, and when I was walking down from the car-park rooftop I was confronted with the above poster, so I thought I had better go with the flow here and see it, which I did.
Great movie, too. 
How Paper Planes became the surprise hit of the summer
The spooky thing in Paper Planes is that to qualify for the world championship in Japan the contestants had to fly their planes over an Olympic swimming pool and only the planes that could reach the other end would qualify.
Most hit the drink, so to speak.
I hadn't really planned on seeing the movie Paper Planesor renewing my cinema membership that weekend, but I was after an Asian magazine that I bought a year or two ago, just before the Chinese New Year began and was after a copy before The Year of the Goat started this year.
The cinema complex is located in an area with a heavy Asian population and the newsagent in the complex was where I first encountered this quite prophetic magazine, which I wrote a post about here -
Bad Feng Shui?
Alas, they didn't stock that magazine anymore.
But the newsagents did stock this magazine in the same section that they used to keep the Feng Shui magazine.
I had just renewed my cinema membership and received my free ticket for the Paper Planes screening when I popped off to the newsagents to try and find the Feng Shui magazine but found this magazine instead.
The word FLOW printed across a Ferris Wheel was the first thing to grab my attention, and then under the word FLOW was this quote -
"Some beautiful things are more DAZzling when they are still imperfect."
Which I thought was quite funny, as Daz is my nickname, which is short for Darrenand I had just grabbed a Darren keyring explaining the origins of the name and its meaning (which made me chuckle) from a stand in the same newsagents.
I don't know about the "wise" and "... counted on in a tough situation not to lose his cool, or panic...".
I love the irony, as if I'm ever not cool, it's on the road where I lose my cool all the time at idiot and dangerous drivers.
I think I've even learned a few new words from my own mouth in fits of road rage.
I even remember one day mouthing off at a guy who illegally cut up the inside of me at a set of lights, and later read this guy shot his girlfriend in the head with one of his illegal guns he had stashed around.
When I saw the "Rare Bird" page in the FLOW magazine I just had to buy it then, as it was a rare bird that started me doing this blog in the first place -
The Bird that Flew into the Window
The Bird that Flew into the Window
A page in the FLOW magazine
FLOW magazine also give you sheets of paper to fold and make things with (a paper plane?), so all I can say about finding this great little magazine that I had never heard of before is -
P.S. I subscribed to the Feng Shui magazine over the internet and got a 12-month electronic subscription, although you may have guessed by reading this post that I like my magazines on paper;-)

4 comments: