Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 15, 2016

The Secret of 'The Revenant'?

I saw The Revenant last week and loved it, even though it is a very violent film, so be warned ... and no there is no bear raping Leo scene in the movie, like some urban legend was saying (it is a female bear that attacks him), but it still is a rather UN-bearable scene to watch.
I just had to throw in that pun ... sorry.
Jan 8th?!
On the subject of January 8th and true stories, check out my last post;-)
Blair Walsh: Anti-Hero on the Day Bowie Dies?
Anyway, getting back to the secret of The Revenant, in the movie one of the fur traders makes a spiral mark on a drink canister and ends up leaving it with Leo when they throw him in a grave and then take off.
When I saw the movie, I knew that spiral on the bottle meant something significant to the whole movie, but I just didn't know what.
Then when I was down in Mullumbimby yesterday looking around in a shop in the Crystal Castle my eye was drawn to this Sioux saying under the same spiral pattern that was carved into the drink canister that Leo carries in the movie from the grave.
Bingo!!
That is the whole story in a nutshell.
But I ended up buying this wall hanging instead, since I'm a dragon and I like the message on a personal level better.
Maybe on my next visit I'll grab the Sioux saying wall hanging ... if they aren't sold out by then that is.
Don't you just love synchronicity?-)

1 comment: