Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 27, 2016

A Déjà vu News Story Greets Me This Morning

A snake was spotted with a possum in its
 mouth in
Brisbane's suburb, The Gap
I saw this news story on the ABC news website this morning -
'You could hear the cracks': Snake eats possum in Brisbane
"It is not everyday that you see a snake eating a possum in broad daylight.
But that is exactly what greeted passers-by this morning on a walking track in Brisbane suburb The Gap.
One of the witnesses to the display, ABC employee Jane Clark, spotted the snake with its mouth wrapped around the possum and stopped to take a closer look.
"It must have constricted the possum to death before I got there," she said.
"As I arrived I saw it's mouth opening over the possum. 
"You could hear the cracks of the possum's body as the snake consumed it.""
and it took me back to my own memories of witnessing a snake eat a possum that I came across on a bush-walk not far from Brisbane (The Lamington National Park)
The carpet python I saw on my bushwalk, eating a possum.
I wrote about it in this post and posted my own photos -

Stillways: A Memoir
And yes, you can hear the bones cracking as the snake constricts the possum to make it easy to swallow.
Opportunity?
 Talk about photo opportunities when it comes to snakes and possums:-)
The carpet python I saw on my bush-walk, eating a possum.
I should also mention that I took out a one-month free trail of Netflix yesterday and started watching the TV series Zoo, about animals turning on humans after developing some kind of group mind.
I only watched two episodes, but I was impressed to hear the name Andras in the second episode titled 'Fight or Flight' -
Pigs on the Wing?
Andras is a name I haven't heard all that often, apart from my American friend who told me about the band 'Pigs on the Wing' doing the 'Dark side of Oz', which inspired my 'Pigs on the Wing' post. 
Jackson Oz is also the name of the main character in the TV series Zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment