Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 24, 2016

Food, Drink and Spirits

I liked this talk Noah had with his sister Tess about food, drink and not just the spirits you drink -
SYNCHRONICITY – EP. 38FOOD AND LOVE WITH TESS LAMPERT
It reminded me of the movie, 'Julie & Julia' and the importance of food as a subject in that movie, which I had just read about in Jane Lynch's autobiography where Jane tells about playing Dorothy McWilliams in that movie.
Jane Lynch playing Dorothy McWilliams
 in 'Julie & Julia'
Jane Lynch, Mascots and Happy Accidents
I thought it was rather synchy that Amy Adams plays Julie in that movie, too, in a story about the importance of food in our lives, when she has just starred in a movie currently on our cinema screens about the importance of language and communication in our lives, 'Arrival'.
Arrival/11:11
Communication? 
I also liked how Mary Lynn Rajskub was in the movie 'Julie & Julia'as well, as some synch-head friends of mine once made this You Tube linked below about Mary's film "choices".
Mary Lynn Rajskub: The Sun Shines On Jupiter
I've always liked the idea of coming together and sharing food, whether that be on New Year's Eve, weddings, celebrations, or communion and other spiritual food gatherings.
Let's face it, you can't live without food and drink ... and who would want to, right?
I'm not a big foodie, or fan of most TV cooking shows, but I was impressed by the four-part TV series, 'Cooked', which I checked out a few weeks ago on Netflix after a friend had tipped me off about how good this show is, which I thought it was.
A natural history
of transformation
?
I also found a You Tube of Tess talking about mescal in a video I can't seem to upload into this post, but here is the link if you would like to go to the You Tube page and have a look for yourself -
Agave O'clock/Interview with Tess Lampert
which kind of reminds me of one of my favourite books about the Mexican way of life - 
Sing & Don't Cry
And I know I said that I would probably keep that empty BLU bottle of mescal tequila I mentioned in that 'Sing Don't Cry' post, but when I was moving house on November 5th, I decided to chuck that bottle into the recycling bin ... because I believe in reincarnation, I suppose?-)
And I have to say that I don't share the same enthusiasm for mescal as Tess does.
I'll stick to red wine and other spirits, thanks.
Tequila is something I drink only occasionally, and it wouldn't be my spirit of choice.
Noah and Tess also talk about their mind-bending teenage and occasional drug trips, as well, in this podcast.
I must admit to never having tried psychedelic drugs, not that I have anything against them or people who use them, it's just something that's never really come into my life, plus I hate to vomit, so any drugs that make me vomit (including too much alcohol) I have an aversion to.
"Origins of Consciousness Tour" - Brisbane
But I am curious of the experiences of other people's tales of what they encounter by taking psychedelic drugs and wouldn't rule out using them in the right circumstances in my future if I felt compelled to do so, for some reason.
There is also a good discussion about Tarot cards and other practices of divination, such as astrology and the like, but just the talk about food and drink is food for thought alone, I think when it comes to life.
Bon AppΓ©tit.

No comments:

Post a Comment