Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 30, 2016

Driving Around the Streets of Newcastle with Gordon from the 'Rune Soup' Blog

.
I really enjoyed this latest 'Rune Soup' podcast/You Tube video, as last time I was down in Newcastle I only had a few hours to spare and decided to do the walk out to the lighthouse, which was closed I found out when I got to it, but it was still worth the walk once the sandblasted side of my face recovered, as I was impressed by the stone artwork along the walk and the sea air was invigorating, when I didn't get a nostril full of sand -
New Castle? See Change?
WTF are Zubats?
I basically drove in from the main freeway, did my walk and drove out of Newcastle along the old highway and off to Sydney.
My impression was that Newcastle wasn't very big, or very interesting, so I'm glad Gordon shot this footage from his dashboard and drove me around the rest of Newcastle that I didn't see.
TALKING RUNE SOUP IN 2017 WITH… YOU?
It saved me a lot of petrol money and when I blew the You Tube up to full size on my computer screen it was just like a VR drive being in the passenger seat with Gordon
I was surprised that there were so many new units in Newcastle on this drive with Gordo.
It reminded me a bit of the suburb of Zetland in Sydney with the way these buildings in Newcastle were sprouting up.
It's a good idea driving around the streets of your town like Gordon did and giving people a VR view of your digs, but it's a bit risky doing that in my part of town around Christmas, as that newspaper headline would tell you.
The weird part is that my ex-cousin-in-law that won that Newcastle jersey in the Newcastle post linked above, lives closer to this street than I do, and he has young kids.
It's pretty f#cked when you can't even walk around the backstreets of your own suburb without something like this piece of stupidity happening.
To be fair it's not everyday something like this happens down here, but I've seen quite a lot of this type of thing happening around Brisbane lately, where luckily nobody was killed, just property damaged.
There's enough BS happening in the world without having to watch out for drivers like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment