Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 26, 2017

You've Gotta Laugh or You'll Cry

"There's a difference between art and entertainment.
Entertainment is really about forgetting about your life, and art is about remembering your life.
Sometimes remembering your life involves stronger emotions than the narcotic glow of entertainment."
Father John Misty
I saw those words above of Father John Misty's written in an article for Rolling Stone magazine and decided they were worth quoting.
I'd never heard of Father John Misty before reading the RS article.
I actually thought it was a young Nick Cave for a moment, which is odd, because I found out Father John had an album named 'The History of Caves'.
And there is an advert for Nick Cave's latest album on the back of the magazine.
Father John sounds like some serious talent to my ears;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment