Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 2, 2017

OWn seLf ... and Art?

I wrote about synchronicity (...or just dumb luck, if you prefer) guiding me to seeing Jimmy Webb play the Powerhouse in Brisbane last Saturday night in this post -
Sleepin’ in the Daytime (Words and Music?)
 Jimmy Webb playing the Powerhouse in Brisbane, 2017
Francesca de Valence playing the Powerhouse before Jimmy
And before Jimmy came on stage a young lady by the name of Francesca de Valence played a few of her songs for the audience before intermission.
I liked Francesca's angelic voice on the slower songs she sang that night at the Powerhouse and decided that I would buy her album if a bird was mentioned on her album cover.
When I looked at the song list on the back cover of the CD, I didn't see a mention of a bird, but I saw the word "obsession" and was amused, as I was wearing 'Obsession for men' by Calvin Klein.
My Obsession ... so to speak:-)
After going through half a bottle of 'Obsession' in recent months I was getting sick of 'Obsession for men' and had bought a bottle of Calvin Klein's 'Eternity for men (AQUA)' to use when my 'Obsession' ran out, and I was nearly going to try my new bottle of  'Eternity' out on the night to change things up, but decided to stick with 'Obsession' until it ran out, so I was amused to see the songs 'Obsession' and 'It's Time to Change it Up' one under the other on the album back cover.
But I thought to myself that I didn't have to buy the CD because I had found no bird mentioned on the album, until I flipped the cover over to the front and the word OWL caught my eye, even though the word was really more of a subliminal word hidden in the two word album title 'OWn seLf', which made me think I was a bit of a synchronicity that I had found the word owl hidden in the words own self, as kind of a metaphor for a hidden self in the own self.
The owl isn't what the 'own self' seems it would appear, I thought and bought the CD.
I also picked up the pamphlet pictured above about a songwriting club Francesca started a few years back, which I thought sounded interesting.
Then I listened to Noah Lampert's 'Synchronicity' podcast this week, and it was about making music, art, mandalas and Carl Jung with Jamie Gaviola -
SYNCHRONICITY #91ART, GRACE, JOY AND EASE WITH JAMIE GAVIOLA
"Jamie draws inspiration for her art via meditation, aboriginal dreaming, fractals, spiritual architecture, geometry, quantum mechanics, Carl Jung, cymatics, micro organisms, & nano-technology, nature, and inspired texts describing unity."
Talk about a WEBB of synchronicity when it comes to art and synchronicity in the past week for me.
#64 sounds very I Ching to me;-)
THIRD EYE DROPS #64EMANATIONS FROM THE UNCONSCIOUS WITH JUNGIAN PSYCHOLOGIST, DR. MICHAEL DAINE

No comments:

Post a Comment