Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 14, 2017

Scovel Your Way Out of the S#it?

The length of this You Tube is 2:37? 
I'm moving suburbs in the city where I live, so decided to get a new PO Box closer to where I will live.
The PO Boxes in this post office are four-digit numbers.
In order to remember the number of my new PO Box fairly easily I decided to write down a list of numbers I could remember easy enough and give them to the guy working at the post office to see if any were available.
Two of the ones available were, one ending in the numbers 237 and one in the numbers 239.
I chose number 237, because it was the number of the mysterious room in the movie 'The Shining'.
Plus, I had a hunch that number was vacant on an intuitive level and when I was told it was vacant I took it, more from the shock that I was right, than anything else.
I started to wonder if this was a good, or bad omen ... and I still don't know.
Although my gut feeling tells me that this is a good Tricksterish omen.
My rational scaredy-cat mind hopes my intuition is right about that.
239 is in my mind my birthdate, the 23rd of September, as that's how Australians write that date 23/9.
As I stood in line at the post office waiting to be served (before I knew what numbers would be available) I saw a Lego Joker figure staring back at me on sale for $3.99.
Intuitively, I felt this was the start in another adventure in my life and to me the Joker is the Fool card of the tarot deck.
But 3.99 adds up to the World card number (21) (3+9+9=21), so I decided to buy one of these Lego Joker figures to remind me of this intuition. 
I couldn't help thinking of this old post when I saw the Joker Lego figure for sale for $3.99 -
Is This a Joke Robin?
The $3.99 Joker figure from the post office
OK, let's put all of the above on the back burner for now.
My last post was about Chris Knowles being interviewed by Dr. Bob about Chris' book 'The secret of Rock & Roll' on Dr. Bob's radio show '21st Century Radio'.
Christopher Knowles and Dr. Bob Hieronimus, Ph.D: The Secret History of Rock 'n' Roll
I couldn't help thinking of Dr. Amps' radio show on the latest 'Twin Peaks' TV show when I saw Dr. Bob's website.
Dr. AMP's Great American Radio Show
Scovel?
I was packing up the books in my bookcase preparing to move house and found a deck of 'The Game of Life' cards based on Florence Scovel Shinn's writings that I bought years ago and were on the bookshelf.
My mind quickly thought of the recent 'Twin Peaks' episode of Dr. Amps saying "shovel your way out of the s#it" and replaced that thought with "Scovel your way out of the s#it".
I thought to myself "what's a scovel then?"
Turns out a scovel is an oven mop.
A scovel is an oven mop
I found out by Googling
It's A Sign: Pizza That Is!
"After due consideration, we have decided against stocking mop buckets - having too many cleaning tools around the house makes me nervous (did you see Fantasia?!)"
I'm not really into the Jesus Christ stuff of Florence's writing, but the basic ideas in her writings are still good, whether you are a Christian, or not, I feel, as long as the work is approached from the heart it should still work.
Think
of it as metaphorical thinking and reasoning, rather than dogmatic religious drivel, if you aren't into the Christ stuff. 
"Dig your ditches and the money will come".
Florence
Scovel Shinn:-)
Shovel Yourself Out of the S#it
Looks like Florence was really practicing magick to me ... Christian magick maybe, but still magick in my book ... or cards;-)
Shinn expressed her philosophy as:
The invisible forces are ever working for man who is always ‘pulling the strings’ himself, though he does not know it. 
Owing to the vibratory power of words, whatever man voices, he begins to attract.
The Game of Life, Florence Scovel Shinn
"Now Florence Scovel Shinn tells me ...
sheesh
", from 'The Shinning'?-)
Hmm, I better keep my eyes open along life's path, just like Florence Scovel Shinn suggests, after-all ...  
Now, where did I put that oven mop?-)

UPDATE: July 15th, 2017
I thought it was funny that on the Lego box that the Joker figure came in, the Joker is pictured with a Tommy-gun, but the figure has a "weapon" that looks more like a megaphone that some joker like Alex Jones uses a lot.
Words as weapons?!
Alex Jones Has the I.Q. of a 10 Year-old?
Just sayin' ... spell/words/magick?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment