Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 21, 2017

The Snowman

It's been about a year since I saw my first ever real snowman when I was staying down in Tasmania last year -
Room at the End of the World?
And I saw a news story a few weeks back that the top of the mountain was covered in snow again.
"Winter proper has finally arrived in Tasmania with snowfall and dangerous black ice, as cold conditions sweep across much of Australia."
It kind of made me homesick reading that story and thinking of those wonderful warm Hobart pubs that I spent time in drinking that beautiful black ale, but I am back at home in my home-state of Queensland.
Weird how I can spend four days in a city and feel at home there.
I loved seeing that little snowman that someone had made and plonked on the sign on top of that mountain in Hobart.
Then I see one of my favourite actors is trying to do a Kubrick/Clockwork Orange effect with my pleasant little snowman memory by starring in a chiller/thriller called 'The Snowman'.
'The Snowman' actually looks like a good movie, so I'll probably check it out when it hits the cinema screens, as long as I don't find out that that bloody Phil Collins version of the song 'A Groovy Kind of Love' is on the soundtrack, as well, because that would make it into a horror movie, as far as I'm concerned.
Michael Fassbender shot a movie down in Tasmania not long ago, so he probably is no stranger to Tasmanian pubs either.
The Light Between Oceans
But filming a snowman movie in Norway would make Hobart's winter seem like Norway's summer, I would imagine.
And on the subject of horror movies and my hometown, I see that the Spierig twins from Brisbane are directing the next Saw movie.
Predestination?
Jigsaw (2017 Movie) Official Trailer
I think I have only seen up to number three and then got sick of those movies.
The first two were good at least.
The latest one going by the trailer seems to have a heavy suicide theme to it where the "contestants" are continually offered the choice to kill themselves or carry on.
And I couldn't help thinking the "live or die" line was right out of the movie 'The Grey'.
Then again, it's been one of those puzzling "live or die" kind of days, I guess.
Chester Bennington: Linkin Park singer found dead in apparent suicide, LA coroner says

No comments:

Post a Comment