Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 9, 2017

Bottom of the Ocean in Malibu? Synch or Swim?

Sounds like Miley Cyrus is sinking into the phenomena of synchronicity/serendipity by the sound of her latest song and the background behind it.
During her interview, the singer shared a bizarre but sweet story that occurred when she and longtime boyfriend [Liam] Hemsworth split back in 2013.
“When Liam — he’s my boyfriend now — when we broke up for a minute, he wanted to get away from me,” she said. “He wanted to go to Malibu, and bought this house.
He didn’t know it was the house I recorded my first album [’Breakout′] in!”"
"The crazy story doesn’t end there, either.
“The person
[selling the house] hid all the plaques in the garage so he would still buy the house,” Cyrus continued. “So then he went to move in and he was like, ‘F---, I cannot get away, this b---h is all over my ----ing house!’
And all my plaques are everywhere.”
The story has a really happy ending though — the two actually live together in that same house now.

“And so, now that we’re back together, my song ‘Malibu’ is about the house that I live in in Malibu, which is where I recorded my first album,” Cyrus said."
"Miley Ray Cyrus (born Destiny Hope Cyrus; November 23, 1992) is an American singer, songwriter, and actress.
After playing minor roles in the television series Doc and the film Big Fish in her childhood, she became a teen idol starring as the character Miley Stewart in the Disney Channel television series Hannah Montana in 2006.
Her father Billy Ray Cyrus also starred in the show.
She subsequently signed a recording contract with Hollywood Records, and her debut studio album Meet Miley Cyrus (2007) was certified triple-platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) having shipped over three million units.
She released her second album Breakout and launched her film career as a voice actress in the animated film Bolt in 2008."
I always knew Miley was ... or was going to be ... another sync-head, it's not hard to read the signs.
The journey ahead should be an interesting one for Miley as she dives deeper into synchronicity, as long as she keeps her eyes open and follows her heart ... and not her head.
My favourite Miley song is her cover of 'Lilac Wine', which always makes me think of the true life account of a Bali bombing victim I met once in Byron Bay through synchronicity, of course. 
Surfing the Wine Syncs
'Shock Waves' is a book I highly recommend reading, because Hanabeth Luke tells in that account not just how tragic life can be, but how there is a hidden side to life also, you might say a synchronious undercurrent ... or some would say fate, or destiny, which doesn't quite make sense to the thinking of our day to day waking consciousness.
Angel still searching for piece of heaven
Keep swimming Miley, but don't forget to dive down and take a look around every so often.
JUNG AND ASTROLOGY
How Carl Jung Explained Astrology
"Carl Jung was Swiss and his use of the English language could be baffling. At one point he described synchronicity as ‘an acausal connecting principle.’ 
Whenever I mention this in lectures I can see people look blank.
Another way to describe it might be
– amazing, deeply meaningful coincidences – which leave your jaw[s?] on the floor."
Animal Dreaming (Kingfisher)
"Kingfishers have nothing to do with astrology, of course, but the bird and its symbolism haunted Jung through important and meaningful coincidences."
"“During the events surrounding the writing of this book, I talked to friends at dinner one evening about Jung and Philemon and the dead kingfisher in his garden.
I asked if they knew much about the behaviour of kingfishers or of the Fisher King in the Grail. They knew nothing about the former and were unable to remember many details about the latter.
A few days later I received this letter,
We very much enjoyed Sunday evening. On Monday afternoon, my mother and I glimpsed a
kingfisher over a lake. My mother immediately launched into a story about how she had picked up a dead kingfisher five years ago that had evidently flown into the glass wall of a swimming pool complex. She took it home to show her grand-daughter.
My friend
could not recollect having seen a kingfisher before.
This is typical of the kind of incident which happens around reading Jung.
Talking of kingfishers, kingfishers appear.
For this to be a synchronicity in Jung’s terms, it must be meaningful…”
I can add to this story by telling you that when I joined
The Company of Astrologers, adding my name to the list held by Maggie Hyde and her partner, the academic, author and astrologer Geoffrey Cornelius – I saw a kingfisher.
Not a real one.
A wooden one.
It was a kingfisher doorstop in a shop in Cirencester, where we were all attending an astrology conference.
I saw it and remembered it, long before I knew that Jung or even Maggie Hyde’s book, were associated with this unusual bird.
Jung
used these kinds of synchronicity events to cure his patients.
They were so extraordinary that people responded.
It shifted something in them.
This is the way psychological astrology works.
The power of the almost unbelievable connections that turn up in a horoscope – with all their meaning and importance – are the only thing that will often make people change."
Photo: Laszlo Novak
JUNG AND HIS SEVEN FISHES
"Pisces, of course, rules confusion – the two fish swimming in contrary directions."
There certainly is something fishy to synchronicity, no doubt about it;-)

Ironically, Miley's single 'Malibu' was released on May 11th, 2017.
May 11th is my ex-wife's birthday and the day Douglas Adams passed away, whether that means anything, or not, I don't know;-)
Malibu
Miley Cyrus


I never came to the beach or stood by the ocean
I never sat by the shore under the sun with my feet in the sand
But you brought me here and I'm happy that you did
'Cause now I'm as free as birds catching the wind

I always thought I would sink, so I never swam
I never went boatin', don't get how they are floatin'
And sometimes I get so scared of what I can't understand

But here I am
Next to you
The sky is more blue
In Malibu
Next to you
In Malibu
Next to you

We watched the sun go down as we were walking
I'd spend the rest of my life just standing here talking
You would explain the current, as I just smile
Hoping I just stay the same and nothing will change
And it'll be us, just for a while
Do we even exist?
That's when I make the wish
To swim away with the fish...

2 comments:

  1. You have it going on! Synch or swim, you are synching par excellence. 87

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dennis, but I feel more like a fish looking out of a fishbowl and thinking what the hell is going on out there?
    I guess you can't sink too far in a fishbowl, but you can synch if you keep your eyes wide open and look around:-)

    ReplyDelete