Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 1, 2017

A Shamanic Christmas Story?

I saw the movie 'The Man Who Invented Christmas' last night and was surprised that it featured the character of a talking crow in the movie.
Ironically, I had written a post yesterday about scare-crows -
Rock On(!) Tamborine Mountain?
'The Man Who Invented Christmas' is about, "the journey that led to Charles Dickens' creation of "A Christmas Carol," a timeless tale that would redefine the holiday."
The crow is on the left-hand side in the
word
"story" appropriately enough
 
The crow doesn't have a major role in the movie, but to my mind does add a shamanic nod to the movie, apart from "The World Tree" (Christmas Tree) featuring in the movie, as well;-) 
"Christmas Tree, oh Christmas Tree,
how lovely are thou branches...
"?
Woven Energy Podcast #14 Reality Driven Shamanism vs. Religion and Culture
'The Man Who Invented Christmas' is directed by Bharat Nalluri who was born in 1965 in Guntur, India and in the year 2000 was the director of 'The Crow: Salvation', which was the third movie in 
'The Crow' franchise.
After watching this great little movie, I decided to see if I could find any talking crow videos on You Tube, because I knew these animals were smart enough to talk if they really wanted to.
And yes, I found quite a few videos of crows and ravens saying the odd human word or two.
And one video in particular was from India.
I can just hear people out there saying "bah ... humbug" about whether crows can talk or not, and to you guys I say "have yourselves a merry little Christmas":-)

No comments:

Post a Comment